These further level courses are suitable for people who wish to make a career in agriculture but who do not wish to complete a higher level course. QQI accredited courses are suitable for future farmers and for people seeking employment on farms.
- Level 5 Certificate in Agriculture
- Teagasc Distance Education Green Cert - Level 6
- Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Agriculture (Dairy Herd Management) - Level 6
- Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Agriculture (Drystock Management) - Level 6
- Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Agriculture (Agricultural Mechanisation) - Level 6
- Advanced Certificate in Agriculture (Crop & Machinery Management) - Level 6
- Specific Purpose Certificate in Farm Administration (Teagasc Green Cert) - Level 6
The Stepping Stones booklet gives an indication of the career pathways available for graduates using dairy as an example.
The higher level courses are run in partnership with various Institutes of Technology. These courses are accredited by QQI. They provide the education and training needed by future farmers and skilled workers in the agri industry.
- Higher Certificate in Agriculture – Level 6 / Bachelor of Science in Agriculture - Level 7
- Higher Certificate in Engineering in Agricultural Mechanisation - Level 6
- Bachelor of Business in Rural Enterprise and Agribusiness – Level 7
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture and Environmental Management - Level 7
- Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Rural Enterprise and Agri-business - Level 8
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Agriculture and Environmental Management - Level 8
- BSc in Science, Agricultural Science
- BSc in Agricultural Science
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Agriculture
- BSc in Land Management in Horticulture – Level 8
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science (Hons) in Dairy Business – Level 8
- Teagasc Professional Diploma in Dairy Farm Management – Level 7
- Postgraduate Certificate in Dairy Technology and Innovation (Level 9)